Information Collected from Visitors
In common with other websites, Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County collects information in several ways from different parts of our website. Log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitors’ IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Additionally, cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with our website. A cookie is a small amount of identifier data sent to a visitor’s browser from a web server and stored on a computer’s hard drive.
Where registration is required, Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County may collect personal information such as a visitor’s email and username. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County may ask for identifying or personal information to:
- Invite visitors to receive e-mail updates or news information. When a visitor “opts-in” for this type of information, our organization requests an email address. Visitors are able to “opt-out” of receiving this type of information.
- Process online donations to Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County. When a visitor donates in memory or honor of someone, information given to our organization on that person is not shared for any other purpose.
- Accept online registration for various purposes and/or events. When a visitor registers online, they are agreeing to give that information only to Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County and parties involved in operating this site.
- Process registration information for online contests. When a visitor agrees to give identifying and personal information, they are giving that information only to Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County and parties involved in operating the site.
- Process registration for special events. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County may use a system to collect information about event guests including name, email, company, and address.
How Collected Information is Used
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County uses information collected through our website to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, content, and user experience. Our organization also uses information collected to improve site services and layout.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County understands the importance of privacy and confidentiality to users of this site. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County will not share personal information you submit through our website with companies not affiliated with our organization for purposes of marketing or promoting events, or products unless such events or products are related to Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County. Email may be sent to inform online visitors of news regarding our services or offers by us and our partners.
Integrity and Security
Options are available to Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County online visitors. If a visitor has subscribed to one of our organization’s services, he/she may unsubscribe by following instructions included in emails received. Also, visitors may block cookies via personal browser settings, however this may prevent a visitor from access to certain features of our organizational website.
Commitment to Donors and Online Payments
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County believes in safeguarding personal information and ensuring privacy is respected and protected for donors, ALL youth, volunteers, vendors, and alumni. Boys & Girls of Porter County will use personal information to keep donors, stakeholders, vendors, volunteers and alumni of organizational activities including programs, special events, funding activities, and promotional partnerships. We respect all requests to remain anonymous, and will provide “opt-out” options for donors and others who receive materials and request their names to be deleted from mailings, phone calls, faces, or other electronic communications in the future.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County mainly utilizes eTapestry to securely process all online payments. Occasionally, PayPal and WePay secure payment processors are utilized for various fundraising activities. When Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County transfers and receives sensitive information such as online donations and account information, visitors are directed to a secure server which communicates via SSL encryption to reduce possibilities of interception and hacking. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County does not store credit card information and credit card refunds are processed manually by Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County.
Donor information is maintained in a password protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with Board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County publishes a list of names of donors at designated giving levels in our annual report and other publications. Options for anonymous giving and “opt-out” selections are available. Please contact Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County for such requests.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County protects any child data and does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We encourage parents/guardians to approve and supervise online activity of their children. Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County:
- Will not use pictures or names of children without a signed consent form.
- Requires consent when utilizing a child’s story for fundraising or marketing.
- May use the story of a child and use a fictitious name to protect privacy.