You Can Make A Difference by Joining our Team!
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County, you have the extraordinary opportunity to be there for the important moments in the young lives of our Club members. Whether it is working on an art project, tutoring a child on a homework problem, taking the time to listen to their stories, or helping children make life-changing decisions, it is the relationship between caring adult role models and our Club members that they will rely on as they are carried into their GREAT Futures.
Many of our Club members often say the Club is their “home-away-from-home.” And so do many of our staff! Working for a Boys & Girls Clubs is not just a job – but a career that turns into a way of life. Are you compelled to mentor a child? Do you believe you can make a difference? Do you love spending time with children and seeing them grow and develop into positive young adults? Are you committed to helping children believe they can overcome their obstacles? Then you belong with us as part of our Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County family!
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County has four Clubs and eight Kidstop sites in three school corporations working with youth ages Kindergarten through age 18. There is a variety of position opportunities at various skill levels from part-time to full-time, year-round and seasonal. Positions vary from entry level to various degrees required. Many of our part-time positions are excellent for college students studying education and youth development and can fit into weekly course schedules. Part-time benefits include:
- Flexible work hours.
- Eligible for Pension Plan/401 (a) after one year of service. Employees must be at least 21 years of age and work at 1000 hours per year for the employer contribution only.
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity- eligible to participate after 90 days of service/employee contribution only.
- AFLAC supplemental insurance offered through payroll deduction.
- Eight National Holidays celebrated including: New Year’s Eve and Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Day.
- Workers Compensation.
- Free Boys &Girls Club Staff Shirts.
- Available Kidstop Childcare Program at no cost to employees’ who have children ages K-5th grade.
- Club membership fee at half price for employees’ children.
- Club rentals- discounted rate of 33%.
- On-going training and access to professional development opportunities.
- Annual Family Fun Day
- Employee Holiday Party
Full-time employees have the opportunity to participate in group life insurance, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and retirement programs.
Other benefits extended to part and full-time employees extend beyond our corner of Indiana. There are over 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs nationwide and many of our employees have gone on to work with other Club organizations to pursue youth-development opportunities further!
How to Apply
All resumes, cover letters and applications should be sent to:
OR Mailed to:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County
354 W Jefferson
Valparaiso, IN 46384