Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County is helping put young people on the path to a GREAT Future – and we have been since 1972! Annually, our Clubs and Kidstop program serves nearly 5,000 youth through membership and community outreach. Together, with our Club investors, we are making an impact on the academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles of our youth residents!
Our Reach and Scope:
· Four chartered Clubs in Chesterton, Portage, South Haven, and Valparaiso.
· Management agreement with Boys & Girls Club of Culver in Culver, IN.
· Serve a total of 4,822 youth in our Porter County Communities!
· $68,000 was awarded in membership scholarships in 2016.
· $106,472 awarded in Kidstop fee assistance.
About the Youth We Serve:
· 57% Male Club members
· 43% Female Club members
· 54% of Club membership receives free or reduced meals through the school lunch program
· 33% of our Club membership are from minority families
· 37% of our Club membership live in households headed by a single parent
· 1,073 average youths served per day during the school year.
· 462 average youths served per day during summer.
Ethnicity of Youth Served:
· Caucasian – 65%
· African-American – 13%
· Hispanic/Latino – 8%
· Asian – 1%
· Multi-Racial – 11%
· Some Other Race – 2%
Our Impact – Your Impact!
· 2,168 members participated in 18,700+ educational career sessions from July 2015 – Dec. 2016. Result: 68% improved in 3 of 5 fitness tests.
· 1,101 members participated in almost 47,000 physical activity sessions. Result: 69% improved in 3 of 5 fitness tests.
· 86% of Club members feel they belong while at their Club.
74% of our Club teens expect to attend and complete 4 years of college.
62% of our Club members engage in physical activity five plus days a week.
97% of Club members abstain from tobacco use.
Good Character & Citizenship
49% of our Club members volunteer in the community at least once a month.